Tomorrow the new Market Surveillance Regulation will take effect throughout the EU. For you, this specifically means the following:
- Almost every product must have a responsible person established in the EU who is the contact person for its safety and market conformity. However, market participants affected may delegate some duties to an authorized representative.
- Fulfilment service providers and marketplace operators will become involved in product responsibility and inevitably put pressure on retailers.
- The supervisory authorities now have extensive possibilities to restrict the sale of unsafe consumer products via marketplaces and thus to oblige marketplaces to offer exclusively safe consumer products.
- The German Market Surveillance Act will specify the provisions of the European Market Surveillance Regulation for Germany and also extend them to include products that are currently not affected by the Market Surveillance Regulation.
- The market surveillance authorities will be given comprehensive, cross-border competences to facilitate the mutual exchange of information.
Free consultation on the Market Surveillance Regulation
On Monday, 19.07.2021 from 10 to 11 a.m. (CET), our compliance experts Boris Berndt and Dr Martin Büscher from the company trade-e-bility will be available for an online advice session. On this occasion you will have the opportunity to discuss your problems and open questions concerning the Market Surveillance Regulation together with other traders and manufacturers concerned. Registration is not required. Simply participate at the said time via the following link:
Tip: Here you will find an introduction to the Market Surveillance Regulation in easy language. Would you like a detailed introduction to the Market Surveillance Regulation? If so, simply sign up for our free webinar right now.