On 01.12.2009 the new battery law (BattG) came into effect in Germany.
It regulates the product stewardship for batteries and used accumulators.
Please find below the most important key points of the new battery law:
- The market actors have to register at the Federal Environmental Agency.
- Manufacturers and distributors of batteries or accumulators are obliged to enter a mutual take-back system for batteries or establish a proper take-back system.
- Material prohibitions and limit values need to be met (lead, mercury, cadmium).
- There are different labeling requirements (e.g. "crossed-out dustbin").
- The registration at the foundation EAR according to the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act remains unaffected and may be additionally required.
If you would like to know if you are concerned by the battery law or if you would like to learn more about the contents of the battery law, please do not hesitate to contact us.
take-e-way leads you through the whole process, monitors your deadlines and obligations and provides you legal security in your actions.
So you can concentrate on your core business.
Your take-e-way team
Phone: +49-40-750687111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org