EPREL database: A new service for suppliers of energy consumption-relevant products
Since 1 January 2019, energy consumption-relevant products affected that are placed on the European Union market for the first time have had to be registered in the EPREL database before being marketed.
Products affected that were first placed on the European Union market between 1 August 2017 and 1 January 2019 were likewise subject to registration in the database by 30 June 2019. Mandatory registration does not apply only to those products that were exclusively placed on the market for the first time prior to 1 August 2017.
This concerns all energy consumption-relevant products for which a delegated regulation has been issued in accordance with EU Framework Regulation 2017/1369 or EU Directive 2010/30/EU, namely:
- television sets
- household dishwashers
- household washing machines
- individual room heaters
- household ovens and extractor hoods
- household refrigerators
- combined household washer-dryers
- household tumble dryers
- commercial refrigerated storage cabinets
- domestic ventilation appliances
- air-conditioning and ventilation technology in the household
- solid fuel boilers
- heating and combined boilers
- water heaters.
Mandatory registration applies to those market participants who place energy consumption-relevant products on the EU market for the first time, i.e. both manufacturers and importers.
The companies take-e-way GmbH and TMK Retail Service & Consulting GmbH:
- assume the registration of the models in the EPREL database on behalf of the customer and
- verify the data and documents received for completeness.
- Any data or documents missing will be requested from the customer.
- Where necessary and requested by the customer, TMK Retail Service & Consulting GmbH will commission test laboratories to prepare the required test reports.
- Once all data and documents are in hand, take-e-way GmbH and TMK Retail Service & Consulting GmbH will enter the data into the database and upload the documents provided.