The Spanish packaging law obliges producers to register their packaging. Distributors from abroad must also register through an authorised representative if they sell packaged products in Spain.
Find out which obligations the EU Batteries Regulation places on you and how to deal with them in your specific case. Receive comprehensive information on how to implement your obligations with regard to labelling, battery passport, EPR and due diligence obligations in the supply chain.
The EPR regulations related to textiles in France
Under the terms of Article L. 541-10-3 of the French Environmental Code, all natural persons or legal entities, who offer new domestic textile products on the French market are required to either contribute to or provide for the recycling and processing of waste derived from these products.
UIN of textiles:
- As stated in the article L541-10-13 within the law n° 2020-105 of 10th February 2020, which enters into force on 2nd January 2022, the French government has decided to issue an Unique Identification Number to every producer placing particular products on the French market.
- This UIN will be issued for every waste stream subject to Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) in France.
- Therefore, if you are considered to be a producer of textiles under the French law, you have to comply with this regulation.
What kind of textiles should be registered in France?
Please note that only B2C textiles used by private households need to be registered in France. The three general categories of textiles to be considered in France, including examples:
Category 1. Clothing
Category 2. Shoes
Category 3. Household Linens
Pillow and bolster cases
Flat and fitted sheets
Am I affected by the French law to register textiles?
My company is located in France.
Manufacturer of textiles
"Manufacturer" refers to the manufactuer, who produces textiles in a factory based in France. If you are a manufacturer in France, then you have the obligation to register.
French Importer of textiles
If your company is located in France and you import textiles from foreign countries to France, then you have the obligation to register.
French Distributor of textiles
If you are based in France and you purchase textiles from a French manufacturer and sell in France, then you don't have the obligation to register. Your manufacturer should register.
My company is not located in France.
Manufacturer of textiles
If you are a foreign manufacturer, who produces textiles in a factory located out of France, then you are not affected. However, if you also sell to France, then please see the next box for more info.
Selling textiles to French companies
If you sell textiles to French companies or shops, then you are not obliged to register. However, you can take over the obligation of your distributors in France on a voluntary base.
Distance selling to French end-users
If you are selling textiles from abroad directly to the end-users in France, you are obliged to register.
What will take-e-way do for you?
take-e-way frees you from the complicated processes to obtain UIN numbers in France.
1. Identify which products need to be registered under which UIN waste stream.
2. Be your authorised representative, if necessary.
4. Join take-e-way! You can have the following benefits immediately:
- We speak the local official languages - English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, etc.
- Registration within our extended partner network in France
- Obtain the UIN registration numbers for each UIN waste stream
- Make sure that every step of the registration is compliant
- You declare easily via our portal on a monthly basis.