We would like to inform you about the latest change within the French regulation regarding the labels to be shown on the packaging.
The French Parliament voted in the beginning of the year the Anti-Waste Law for a Circular Economy (known as the AGEC French law). However, implementing details have not yet been published.
The French government needs to implement a decree to provide the technical details in order to enforce the law. At the present moment, we do not know if the decree will be released this year. If the decree is not released this year, the French government is likely to offer a six months to one year transition period.
Calendar of the upcoming changes
- The Triman cannot be dematerialised or replaced by the crossed-out waste bin and has to be placed on the packaging or on the product.
- Citeo will establish a new harmonised sorting info, which will become compulsory in 2022.
- Penalties will apply for signs and markings potentially producing confusion, this will likely apply to the Green Dot.
- The Triman will have to be shown on every packaging. This includes as well the packaging without separate recycling system.
- The harmonized sorting info will become an obligation on the packaging to inform the customer about the packaging’s appropriate sorting bin.
- All the modalities of the law will be included in the decree. We will inform you as soon as the decree will be released.
If you have any questions, Florian Spreu from take-e-way will be pleased to answer them if you call +49/40/750687-159 or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.