Online platform operators are now paying full attention to the Market Surveillance and Compliance of Products Regulation. Amazon in particular is already imposing obligations on its sellers. The message from Amazon Seller Central Europe is clear:
“Customer safety is of paramount importance to Amazon. Customers need to be confident that they will find a comprehensive selection of safe, reliable and compliant products on Amazon, no matter who the seller is. Therefore, as a seller, you need to understand and comply with Amazon’s policies on product safety and compliance. This will increase your chances of succeeding on Amazon, as well as help you avoid practices that could lead to penalties or blocked listings, or even prevent you from selling on Amazon.” And it continues to say: ”As a seller, you are responsible for ensuring that the products you supply are compliant with the relevant regulations.”
The platform has assigned a full information page to the new Market Surveillance Regulation and clearly states the following: ”Prior to July 16, 2021, you will need to ensure that your CE-marked products are labelled with the contact information of the Responsible Person.” Amazon Seller Central Europe provides an overview here of the regulations to be urgently observed in the wake of the Market Surveillance Regulation.
The long list of rules makes it clear why now is the right time to tackle the topic of the Market Surveillance Regulation. You do not need to be concerned, however. After all, we have taken precautions for you and have developed business solutions over the last several years which are now available to you to deal with the daunting Market Surveillance Regulation:
- take-e-way, your solution for environmental compliance regulations for WEEE/electrical appliances, batteries and packaging, Europewide. Your contact: Sebastian Siebert, Tel.: +49/40/750687-0, or send an e-mail message to email@example.com
- trade-e-bility, your solution to meet the requirements of the Market Surveillance and Compliance of Products Regulation (product safety / product compliance) for all nonfood products in Germany. Your contact: trade-e-bility, Tel.: +49/40/75068730-0 or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- get-e-right, your solution for the authorised representative resp. responsible person under the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act/WEEE, Product Safety Act, EPREL and the Battery Act in Germany and Europewide via our partner network. Your contact: Christopher Blauth, Tel.: +49/40/750687-0, or send an e-mail message to email@example.com
Free introductory webinars on the Market Surveillance Regulation help you to understand the basic principles of the Regulation. Simply click on the desired webinar below to register:
- Wednesday, 30 September 2020, 10:00h to 11:00h (German)
- Tuesday, 1 December 2020, 10:00h to 11:00h (English)
Plans for further webinars on the Market Surveillance Regulation are in preparation. If you wish to attend a personal (online) course, please contact Sebastian Siebert on +49/40/750687-0 or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org